Tuesday, January 11, 2011

TRACE at the W Austin

Today I had the joy of trying out a new restaurant at the W Austin called TRACE. I also had the chance to meet with their Forager, Valerie Broussard, who has dedicated herself and the restaurant to searching for sustainable and local products to feature on their menus.

My meal of choice was a crispy chicken salad, with fried leg, romaine, smoked quail egg, dried corn, scallion and buttermilk vinaigrette. The fried leg was perfect not greasy and not over-spiced.

The decor was fun, modern and made me feel like a classy grown up. This is definitely a dress-it-up-girl establishment and a great place for a friendly or romantic setting.

I look forward to going back again, as their local menu features change weekly.




No comments:

Post a Comment